Peach Blueberry Buckle
- 4 oz unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1-1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure bourbon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peaches, ripe slightly firm skinned, peeled, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 F and butter a 10" cast iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl fitted with an electric mixer, blend together butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl in between each addition. Add vanilla and mix.
- Add flour mixture to butter/sugar mixture and mix on low speed until completely blended. By hand gently fold in peaches and blueberries.
- Pour batter into the cast iron skillet and smooth the top evenly.
- In a small bowl combine the topping ingredients; 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon and sliced almonds, mix.
- Sprinkle topping over the cake batter and bake for 40-45 minutes or until tester in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes. EAT!