Cilantro Lime Shrimp
A citrusy sweet spicy shrimp appetizer to pair with a Blanc de Blanc Champagne
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 3 large garlic cloves finely minced and mashed with 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 1 lb large 16-20 count shrimp, shelled and deveined
In a measuring cup whisk together all the ingredients except the shrimp. Reserve 1/3 cup in a small bowl for dipping.
In a large sealable plastic bag combine the shrimp with the mixture and marinate chilled for 45 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with foil and then parchment paper.
Drain the shrimp and lightly pat dry. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast for 8 minutes, turning the shrimp half way through the baking time.
Serve hot or at room temperature with the dipping sauce.