Fig and Goat Cheese Salad
A classic fall salad with figs, goat cheese, and walnuts paired with a California Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Saba Lemon I found this at Williams-Sonoma. If you can't find lemon Saba, add a squeeze of lemon juice to regular Saba.
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 5 cups salad mix of arugula and baby mixed greens
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 6 fresh ripe figs, halves or quartered
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and roast for about 8 minutes. When cool, break the walnuts into small pieces.
In a small bowl, whisk together the saba lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
In a large flat bottomed salad bowl, toss the lettuce and walnuts with just enough dressing to lightly coat the greens. Divide on to 6 salad plates and top with crumbled goat cheese and figs halves.