- 1 cup flour
- fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 4 large eggs 2 whole and 2 separated
- black pepper
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/2 cup whole or 2% milk
- 8 oz. spinach finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, and a pinch of black pepper. Make an indentation in the center and add 2 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks. With a fork mix the eggs into the flour mixture. Add garlic, white wine and slowly pour in the milk whisking as you pour. Mixture should be smooth, a few lumps are okay. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- After chilling, remove the bowl from the refrigerator and stir in the chopped spinach and chives.
- In a medium chilled bowl, beat 2 egg whites with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Beat until stiff peaks form. Gentle fold the egg whites into the flour batter.
- In a large skillet or griddle, heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet/griddle making a "pancake." Depending on the size of your skillet/griddle about 4-6 pancakes at a time. Flip the pancake after 3-4 minutes, they should be golden in color repeat on the other side.