Want to simplify your Thanksgiving appetizer game plan? Start your Thanksgiving feast off with a cheeseboard created with cheeses, fruit, cured meats, nuts, crackers, and wine all from Trader Joes. We all love Trader Joes for their unique products at great prices. This time of year *the holidays* Trader Joes takes it to another level with seasonal offerings to delight the foodie in all of us. While you are in the kitchen preparing the main turkey event, your family and friends will happily graze on this cheeseboard until you are all ready to sit down to Thanksgiving dinner. The options for your Thanksgiving cheeseboard are limitless at Trader Joes. Cheers!
How to create a Thanksgiving Cheeseboard with Trader Joe’s Provisions
1. Cheese; I like to offer 3-6 cheeses depending on the number of guests. Select cheeses with different textures, milk, and age. On my Thanksgiving Cheese Board this year:
- Marinated Goat Cheese Medallions – creamy, slightly tangy medallions marinated in herbs (goat’s milk, 6.2 oz. for $4.99)
- Le Grain d’ Orge au Calvados – French Camembert produced in Normandy, soaked in Calvados (apple brandy from Normandy). More intense flavor than Brie, fruit and mushroom notes. (cow’s milk, 8.8 oz. for $7.99, seasonal)
- Mini Basque – French cheese from the Pyrenees Mountains made with sheep’s milk. A firm but smooth texture with nutty and floral flavors. (sheep’s milk, $12.99/lb.)
- Beemster Royaal Grand Cru Gouda – Dutch Gouda aged for 12 months made with cow’s milk. A firm but smooth texture with rich caramel, nutty, and flavorful notes. (cow’s milk, $10.99/lb., Limited edition)
- White Stilton with Cranberries – English cheese made with cow’s milk. Mild in flavor studded with sweet, tangy dried cranberries. A festive cheese for the holidays. (cow’s milk, $9.99/lb., seasonal)
- Chimay Autumn – Belgium cheese made by the Trappist monks. Semi-hard with a creamy, buttery texture. Floral and earthy notes. (cow’s milk, $12.99/lb., Limited edition)
2. Extras; Organic grapes & apples, cured meats, dried fruits, nuts, crackers, and fresh herbs for garnish
Dried Pears $3.49, Roasted & Unsalted Fancy Mixed Nuts $7.99, Tart Montmorency Cherries $ 4.99
Prosciutto Di Parma $6.49, Italian Dry Salame $4.49
Everything Crackers $ 2.49, Vegetable Root Chips $2.99, Rosemary Italian Style Crackers $2.49
3. Wine; Don’t forget the wine! Greet your family and guests with some bubbly to celebrate the Thanksgiving gathering.
Cecilia Beretta Conegliano Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore Brut DOCG $10.99 – An excellent value! Tiny persistent bubbles, medium- acidity and body, with notes of apples, pears, and minerals.
Mumm Napa Brut Rosé $19.99 – A classic California sparkling wine. Beautiful pale copper color. Medium+ acidity, medium bodied. On the palate notes of raspberry and cherries followed by citrus with a lingering finish. Another great buy for under $20.