Since I am officially still on my New Year’s detox, and wine was one of those food categories I pledged to give up….confession, after two days I cheated–eliminating coffee did not work out for me either. Otherwise I am still on my detox plan. That all said, my food pairing with this Albarino is really not a winter kind of dish, but I am not a winter sort of person. So, as I type this post I am turning on the fireplace in my house. Tonite I am kicking back with a glass of wine and CEVICHE, that is within my detox plan.
Not only is it FRIDAY, I am also taking a mini vacation from winter, Cheers!
- 1/3 lb. each of wild shrimp, bay scallops, and red snapper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 + 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, cut into bite size pieces
- Combine seafood in a medium glass bowl with lime juice and stir. Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or until seafood is opaque. Stirring occasionally.
- After 4 hours stir in the remaining ingredients except avocado. Cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, stir in avocado pieces and cilantro.