Going on day three of the Atlanta 2011 snow in, I have had time to catch up on my reading and “current events.” (thank goodness my Internet works!) The food trend predictions for 2011 got me thinking…what do I think will be the hot food trends for 2011~
1. Chocolate. Besides tasting good, it makes us feel good and is healthy in moderation. (think and eat dark!)
2. Meatless Mondays. The Meatless Monday campaign has challenged us all to eat less meat and I personally whole heartily embrace it.
3. Simple-Real-Wholesome food. Backyard gardens and farmers markets, love them both.
4. White Wine Varietals beyond Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. Think dry Riesling…
5. Artisan Everything. Cheese, wine, bread and sausage.
6. Salad Centered Dinner. Vegetable portions will dominant over meat on the dinner plate.
7. Healthy School Lunches.
8. Tartine. Those french open faced sandwiches topped with what you buy at the farmers market or grow in your garden. Inspiration from Tartine Bread by Chad Robertson
9. Savory Cupcakes. Le Creset’s mini cocottes make the perfect portion control and bake ware for these. Food & Wine Magazine January 2011 has the trending recipe…White Lasagna.
10. Nuts. The snack to replace chips.
What do you think will be trending in the food world of 2011?