Cranberry Ginger Bread
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray a loaf pan 8-1/2 inches by 4-1/2 inches with a butter flour spray.
- Spread the oats in an even layer on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for about 10 minutes until lightly golden. Transfer to a food processor and pulse on and off until finely ground.
- In a large bowl combine; ground and toasted oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cardamom, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl combine; yogurt, oil, and eggs. Mix until smooth.
- Add the yogurt egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well. Then gently fold in cranberries and ginger.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes. If bread starts to brown too quickly place a piece of tented foil over the pan. Cool the bread in the pan for about 10 minutes. Round a knife around the edge of the bread to loosen it before removing the bread from the loaf pan.